December 14-15, 2017
- Cover Letter (PDF 122 KB)
- El Dorado County Context
- County & State Agencies in Transition
- Statewide Support Systems Lessons
- Role of Networks & Partnerships
- Moving Toward a Continuous Improvement System
- Current Proposals for Statewide System of Support
Policy and practice briefs produced as an outcome from Meeting 34.
Always Room for Improvement: The California System of Support as a Catalyst for Change
In the 2017-18 school year, the California State Board of Education rolled out a new statewide system of support for local education agencies, with the goal of moving away from punitive accountability policies toward working alongside schools and districts to respond directly to local needs and contexts. Distilling lessons from prior research, practice, and continuous improvement endeavors, this brief outlines key principles of effective support and presents state policymakers, county offices, districts, and support providers with suggestions on how to engage in this work productively to ensure that the sytem successfully serves the students of California.